Monday, March 23, 2009
I have been a little out of the loop lately.
Last week I went to Salt Lake City, Utah to see the family! I went with my cousin Cassi. It's her Spring Break and she wanted to go up and I wanted to see everyone and be there for Gabe's surgery.
Gabe has recently had a nasty virus. He was diagnosed with Mono and spent a few days in the hospital before I went up. It was very worrisome because they discovered that his pacemaker was not working properly and needed the battery changed. They needed to get him well in order to do that but he's had high fevers. Fortunately his fever broke the day I got there and then the surgery was scheduled for Wed. He was a little scared because he's older now and knows what's going. But he did super! They even gave him his old pacemaker back! His is much bigger than mine. His also goes in his stomach, whereas mine goes in my shoulder and is much smaller. But it was good to be able to talk to him about it.
I took my oxygen with me - but I found out while I was up there that I am getting liquid oxygen sometime this week. I don't know too much about the differences yet.
I did have a hard time adjusting to the altitude changes going up there and coming back. I was a bit surprised by that!
It was AWSOME to see the new babies and they are soo cute! Baby Skye and Baby Lorelei (who they are calling Rory for short!) I did get to see everybody this time around but wish I could have done more.
So here are a few pictures from the trip.


Last week I went to Salt Lake City, Utah to see the family! I went with my cousin Cassi. It's her Spring Break and she wanted to go up and I wanted to see everyone and be there for Gabe's surgery.
Gabe has recently had a nasty virus. He was diagnosed with Mono and spent a few days in the hospital before I went up. It was very worrisome because they discovered that his pacemaker was not working properly and needed the battery changed. They needed to get him well in order to do that but he's had high fevers. Fortunately his fever broke the day I got there and then the surgery was scheduled for Wed. He was a little scared because he's older now and knows what's going. But he did super! They even gave him his old pacemaker back! His is much bigger than mine. His also goes in his stomach, whereas mine goes in my shoulder and is much smaller. But it was good to be able to talk to him about it.
I took my oxygen with me - but I found out while I was up there that I am getting liquid oxygen sometime this week. I don't know too much about the differences yet.
I did have a hard time adjusting to the altitude changes going up there and coming back. I was a bit surprised by that!
It was AWSOME to see the new babies and they are soo cute! Baby Skye and Baby Lorelei (who they are calling Rory for short!) I did get to see everybody this time around but wish I could have done more.
So here are a few pictures from the trip.





