Sunday, October 26, 2008
It's Fall
We have been able to leave the air off at night and in the morning. It warms up during the day but we are in the low 90's and it's nice. This is what living down here is all about! When it starts cooling off and you maybe need a sweater at night if that!
So today I made soup for our Sunday family dinner with the cousins. I do a Loaded Baked Potato Soup and this time I did that and the Broccoli Cheese. I didn't like the Broccoli Cheese as much it wasn't as thick I normally like so next time I'll try it with the cornstarch.
I'll post my recipe again it's been awhile since I have so here it is. I like to top it off with cheese and green onion and bacon bits on top in my bowl!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
* 2/3 cup butter
* 2/3 cup flour
* 7 cups milk
* 4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups
* 4 green onions, thinly sliced
* 10 to 12 strips bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
* 1 1/4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup of heavy cream
Directions:
1. Pre cook the potatoes like baked potoes, then scoop out the middles for the soup.
2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
3. In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
4. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
Oh and Maggie's Mr. Bunny is now on day three of survival. She would bring it to everyone tonight and make them throw it. Everyone had to have a turn! It was pretty funny. The bunny's pretty slimy now! GROSS! But she loves it!
So today I made soup for our Sunday family dinner with the cousins. I do a Loaded Baked Potato Soup and this time I did that and the Broccoli Cheese. I didn't like the Broccoli Cheese as much it wasn't as thick I normally like so next time I'll try it with the cornstarch.
I'll post my recipe again it's been awhile since I have so here it is. I like to top it off with cheese and green onion and bacon bits on top in my bowl!
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
* 2/3 cup butter
* 2/3 cup flour
* 7 cups milk
* 4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups
* 4 green onions, thinly sliced
* 10 to 12 strips bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
* 1 1/4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup of heavy cream
Directions:
1. Pre cook the potatoes like baked potoes, then scoop out the middles for the soup.
2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
3. In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the margarine over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened. Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
4. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.
Oh and Maggie's Mr. Bunny is now on day three of survival. She would bring it to everyone tonight and make them throw it. Everyone had to have a turn! It was pretty funny. The bunny's pretty slimy now! GROSS! But she loves it!



