Wednesday, May 07, 2008
A Few Good Things
It seems like the days just aren't long enough anymore. I need about four more hours in the day just so I can unwind.
I also went to therapy with Carl today so that he could drop me off at the dr on the way to his work. It was SO nice to see Tom and Katie! Katie is the assistant that worked with me everyday for sooooo sooo long! It was kinda nice to see other people in there doing the same excersises!
That was fun! For me at least. Carl not so much. He's really sore. They are trying to get more motion - so they are stretching him more - therefore more pain.

The dr's appt was for my eyes! The swelling and burning is now affecting my vision. I has been blurry for a few days now. Let's just say I flunked the eye test! I couldn't read the bottom two rows especially when they had me cover my left eye. Yea duh that's the one that's swollen! My reg dr has a3mo wait list! Is that crazy! So I saw this new guy! I was getting desperate. I am allergic to something else (lovely!) we just don't know what! But he gave me a stronger dose of eye drops and if the swelling persists I'll got to an optometrist or Insta Care if it gets really bad again.

I did the spare room painted. I will post pictures of it tomorrow. (batteries on camera died!)
Something I've really been into lately is cards. I have started looking into this stamping thing! It's just as big as scrapbooking. I really like a lot of the styles. Cards will never go out of style right?! I have LOTS of cards to do for may birthdays.
Liz's is the 24th (plus she's doing a big play right now)
Chris and Michelle's Anniv. is the 16th
Alexis is the 17th
Brittons is the 30
Carl and Shelbys is the 31st.
(plus I still want to send a card to shea for graduation!)

Speaking of which - today is the 7th of May!

It is also our 4yr anniversary of moving to Arizona! No normally I'm not one to celebrate those wierd anniversary dates or anything but that was a BIG one for us.
In four years we've come ALONG way!

We literally moved down here with NO money in our pocket, we were still trying to sell the house in Salt Lake. Carl was interviewing like crazy for legal jobs with his new degree. He had been flying down here about once a month prior for interviews and testing. It was a grueling process. Until he landed the job and AZ Supreme Court. Thanks to Dian he has the best job in the world - for the most part! I have been with the Scrapbook Barn almost that long. Except for my brief intermission at the NCL cruise line.

We now own a home, which in its self is a pretty amazing accomplishment!I didn't think it was possible! It was a pretty spectacular feeling today to jump into OUR pool. (which by the way we have managed to get the chemical balance under control, with NO manuals, instructions, etc etc.!) I loved that I could do laps and NO one would care! I love that the water is 75* and the fact that I have figured out how to beat yellow algae! Did I mention that part!!It's fabulous! We've come a long way baby!
 
posted by mimiscraps at 10:30 PM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


At 10:13 AM, Blogger sue @ postcards from paradise falls

hey there! happy "anniversary"!! hope you feel better!

(it's KKT... changed my name... forgot people would see "holly wood" and go "huh?!")