Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Good News And Bad News
I have been a very bad blogger...
It's been very busy. Lots to update. First the bad news/ but it's good news Janet is having most of her Thyroid removed. July 12th. It is much larger than the Dr. anticipated. DUH!! So they are taking a majority of it out. She's had a few setbacks but nothing major. She is on new medication and that seems to be helping.I also had my dr appt today. I had the MRI's done on my knees about two weeks ago. The dr. said No surgery. Which is good. I think. He gave me a cortozone shot in my left knee.They do it between the joints in my knee. (which is a painful shot) but hopefully it will help. I'll just be sore for a few days. I start physical therapy twice a week, like we had originally discussed. The parts that's frustrating for me is the pain is in a different spot then were most of the problem is. I have a full disc in my joint instead of half of one which is good. He doesn't want to go in and fix it not knowing it's going to fix the problem. Which is good that he doesn't want to just go in an open me up for exploratory purposes. I am a little frustrated - I've done the cortozone shots before, but maybe with the combination of the therapy it will be better.
Keep your fingers crossed or keep Janet in your prayers if you can. That her surgery will be succesful and she will do well and start feeling better.





Sounds like mostly good news, though. My fingers are crossed!