Thursday, April 05, 2007
skeered and hopeful....
I had my follow up with my xrays. Come to find out all these years I'm NOT crazy! At least not yet! HA HA! In medical terms I have Patellar (kneecap) Subluxation. In english that means that my knee cap is dislocating itself. My under thigh muscle is underdeveloped. Causing the knee cap to move. (Sometimes I feel it bouncing around) I thought it was water or tissue damage. The bone is out of place and just rubbing bone against bone. Sounds pleasant I know!Treatment: Physical Therapy twice a week for four weeks! I am a little anxious about the therapy. I remember when I went through some intense pain in my mission (not knowing really why) I was seeing a chiropractor twice a week. And it hurt something fierce. The Dr. told me it wouldn't hurt. I told Carl I think she lied to me, or I wouldn't go! Ha ha! But I've had this soo long and just figuring my legs were painful or that my knee was swollen because I do so much on my feet. I was partially right. The therapy should strengthen the muscles in my knees. My left knee is worse than my right knee. And it hurts more! lol! But I often thought I was crazy because I could feel it in both knees.
So it's some relief, some anxiety and some hopefulness - now knowing what it is after all this time and knowing how to fix it.
On another note: Carl has a nasty head cold. He came back from Vegas with it. He can hardly talk but it's nothing like it was at the first of the year (knock on HARD wood!) I hope he is okay and gets better.





oh that sounds miserable! hope the PT helps! ((hugs))