Tuesday, November 14, 2006
A Happy Sad Day
I got an IM from my mom this morning, letting know that Maggie our oldest shih tzu passed away last night. It was a hard night for my brother Chris. Maggie was as old as Portia our other first shih tzu. She was 15 passed away a year or so ago. Maggie went to Chris and Michelles last year and was doing really well. Chris and Michelle also have two shih tzus girls. Molly and Eddy.
I guess Chris and Michelle were in Oregon for a week, and she was fine. When they got back they said she was non responsive and had no bladder control or anything. So they rushed her to my sister Trina vet clinic and tried to save her. She went into cardiac arrest twice while they were there. Chris said they did amazing things to try to keep her alive. But she couldn't hold on.
It makes me cry. Maggie has been with us for a long time!! She's the one shih tzu that is a solid color. Black. She is smaller like Bilko and a more timid personality like Bilko.
It was the wierdest thing though. I guess Carl got up about 3am, finally because he couldn't sleep and I guess Buster couldn't either. (Buster and Maggie have the same Dad shih tzu but different Mom) Buster is a year younger than Maggie. Carl said Buster wasn't just awake, but wide eyed awake with him at 3am. Maybe he knew. I know it sounds silly, but I also know and firmly believe that dogs have a strong intution. We've had enough dogs in our family I've seen it.
Especially when something's wrong or someone is sick. Dog or person. It's wierd. That they are sensitive like that. Buster is a sleeper, so it was very unusual for him to be awake like that in the wee hours of the morning.

On an extremely happy note, WE ARE APPROVED!! We move in on Dec 15th!!!!!!
I can't believe it! Everyone is soo excited for us. Even Christy remembered the layout of the apartment to a tee (when her and Carl lived there when they were younger!) I was impressed!
We talked about Christmas plans and she is going to Vegas for Thanksgiving. So we'll have a small Thanksgiving with Holly and Zane and with the move and everything that's okay.
 
posted by mimiscraps at 7:42 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: