Friday, May 12, 2006
Why do guys have to be soo difficult sometimes?! They are either really big sissies or they are very stubborn and REFUSE to take medince or see a doctor till they literally can't stand up anymore?! So I mentioned that Carl came home sick, today he stayed home and is much worse.
I took him to the dr today, he's got bronchitis and pnemonia, along with a sinus infection. He's on four prescriptions, including an inhaler so he can breathe and codiene so he can sleep. I'd like to take some of that Codiene so I can sleep! HA HA! Poor guy! He is very stubborn when it comes to this sort of stuff. The problem is when he's sick he's really sick, he doesn't goof around. The thing he keeps saying is "at least he's getting it now, instead of on the trip. Which we are down to less 20 days! HOLY COW!! I only have 10 working days left!! HOLY TOLEDO!! It doesn't seem real and probably won't until we're on the ship.
Anyway - he's been given strict orders to stay down and drink lots of liquids, Dr wants to see him again in two weeks. He had xrays done to check for pnemonia, dr was pretty sure he has it, anyway but they wanted to do the xrays anyway.
They had him do this weird breathing medicine. He had to breathe it in like and inhaler. Then he turned it off when he was done. He had a little trouble but he finished it. I am fascinated by what they do for stuff now. Medical stuff fascinates me anway because of my history, but it's eve more fascinating when it's someone else! But I could never be a dr. I have a sense of humor butI don't think I couldn't deal with the public like that.
We did order out Chinese for dinner. He hasn't eaten in two days, but I finally got him to eat some rice and some chicken. He has to take the liquid formula of the codiene YUCK!! But at least he's taking his stuff.
His poor boss is in bad shape too, we found out today he had three bulging discs in his back. he's been on lots of heavy drugs and nothing was working. They couldn't do the MRI because he couldn't lay flat or still on the table long enough. I asked why he waited so long, it wasn't until his wife tried to get him. He's been out three weeks now, he's gotta be hatin it! Two of the girls in the office went home sick today and Sue one of his carpoolers (our other good friend i have mentioned before) broke her foot and is in a full cast, from her karate stuff. She didn't go until she finally couldn't stand it anymore!!CRAZY people! I hate the dr too, it's frustrating but dang why deal with the pain! LOL!
On the side note, we are officially into triple digits today! We hit 101 today and it's only getting hotter as the week goes on. And so far I don't mind - although that seems to be the only arguement Carl and I have right now, he's wrapped up in blankets and I think it's too hot, he's runnin the fever and it's 101 degrees outside!
My Prayers are that everyone gets better - Its not fun being sick or in pain!!
I took him to the dr today, he's got bronchitis and pnemonia, along with a sinus infection. He's on four prescriptions, including an inhaler so he can breathe and codiene so he can sleep. I'd like to take some of that Codiene so I can sleep! HA HA! Poor guy! He is very stubborn when it comes to this sort of stuff. The problem is when he's sick he's really sick, he doesn't goof around. The thing he keeps saying is "at least he's getting it now, instead of on the trip. Which we are down to less 20 days! HOLY COW!! I only have 10 working days left!! HOLY TOLEDO!! It doesn't seem real and probably won't until we're on the ship.
Anyway - he's been given strict orders to stay down and drink lots of liquids, Dr wants to see him again in two weeks. He had xrays done to check for pnemonia, dr was pretty sure he has it, anyway but they wanted to do the xrays anyway.
They had him do this weird breathing medicine. He had to breathe it in like and inhaler. Then he turned it off when he was done. He had a little trouble but he finished it. I am fascinated by what they do for stuff now. Medical stuff fascinates me anway because of my history, but it's eve more fascinating when it's someone else! But I could never be a dr. I have a sense of humor butI don't think I couldn't deal with the public like that.
We did order out Chinese for dinner. He hasn't eaten in two days, but I finally got him to eat some rice and some chicken. He has to take the liquid formula of the codiene YUCK!! But at least he's taking his stuff.
His poor boss is in bad shape too, we found out today he had three bulging discs in his back. he's been on lots of heavy drugs and nothing was working. They couldn't do the MRI because he couldn't lay flat or still on the table long enough. I asked why he waited so long, it wasn't until his wife tried to get him. He's been out three weeks now, he's gotta be hatin it! Two of the girls in the office went home sick today and Sue one of his carpoolers (our other good friend i have mentioned before) broke her foot and is in a full cast, from her karate stuff. She didn't go until she finally couldn't stand it anymore!!CRAZY people! I hate the dr too, it's frustrating but dang why deal with the pain! LOL!
On the side note, we are officially into triple digits today! We hit 101 today and it's only getting hotter as the week goes on. And so far I don't mind - although that seems to be the only arguement Carl and I have right now, he's wrapped up in blankets and I think it's too hot, he's runnin the fever and it's 101 degrees outside!
My Prayers are that everyone gets better - Its not fun being sick or in pain!!





101º huh?? good place for it!!! its 56º and fabulous here. course, its raining but at least its not 101º!
i'm the same way as your hubby... i loathe meds. i won't take them unless absolutely necessary. hope he feels better soon!!